Tea on its own is (in our humble opinion) one of life’s simple pleasures. There are so many options to choose from, and so many scenarios where a good cup of tea can be a bright spot in your day. But even if you’re a tea lover, you may not know that there are a variety of ways you can use tea in a culinary setting that go far beyond brewing up a simple cup!
These Swedish chocolate balls incorporate black tea and are an excellent holiday treat, full of oat-y, chocolatey goodness. They’re super simple to make, and a great little snack to have in the fridge for when you want to treat yourself.
Swedish Chocolate Balls
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 ⅓ cup of old fashioned oatmeal (dry)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of black tea
- Flaked coconut
- Mix the ingredients together, taste, and adjust as needed.
- Roll into small balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter, and then roll in the coconut flakes as a topping.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Special thanks to Sophie Lundqvist for sharing this recipes with us and providing photos!