Chai tea and horchata are both known for their creamy, sweet flavors, so it makes perfect sense to combine them in this tasty spiced concoction. Cool, sweet horchata and milky, spicy chai are the perfect complements!
Horchata Chai Recipe
For the horchata:
- 1/2 cup rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup oat milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the tea:
- 4 oz boiling water
- 1 tsp Masala Chai loose tea
- Soak 1/2 cup rice, 1 1/2 cup water, and 1 cinnamon stick overnight.
- Place horchata ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, then strain and transfer horchata to a pitcher.
- Steep Masala chai for five minutes. Let it cool.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour in the horchata until 3/4 of the glass is full.
- Top off with masala chai tea.
Photo and recipe credit: Sandra Aguirre.