You may have heard of making your own vanilla extract using vanilla bean pods, but have you heard of making your own chai extract? This super simple recipe yields a flavorful spiced liqueur that can be used to liven up baked goods, ice cream, and much more.
Masala Chai Extract
- 1/4 cup Masala Chai black tea
- 1/3 cup vodka
- In a glass jar, add Masala Chai tea leaves, incorporate Vodka, and seal the jar with a lid.
- Store in a dark cool place and infuse for over a month.
- After the month has passed, strain Masala Chai extract and put pressure on the leaves.
- Store the extract in a glass jar and place in your pantry. You can use Masala Chai extract in desserts like ice creams, puddings, whipped creams and other desserts.
Photo and recipe credit: Sandra Aguirre.