A chai latte is a classic take on a tea latte featuring black tea with chai spices like cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. While chai lattes are a staple of cafes, they’re actually surprisingly simple to make at home! All it takes is tea, milk, and sweetener to whip up a tasty chai latte in just a few minutes.
Chai tea latte recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp Masala Chai black tea
- Small piece of a cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Masala Chai extract (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or other sweetener
- In a small saucepan at medium heat, add in all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and strain to remove the tea leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Froth some milk with a milk frother or electric whisk to top the latte.
- Serve into a mug while still hot.
Photo and recipe credit: Sandra Aguirre.