A twist on a classic horchata recipe, this creamy, bright matcha horchata blends the vegetal umami of matcha with the milky sweetness of horchata.
How to Make Matcha Horchata
For the horchata:
- 1/2 cup rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup oat milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the tea:
- 4 oz hot water
- 1 tsp Culinary Grade Matcha
- Soak 1/2 cup rice, 1 1/2 cup water, and 1 cinnamon stick overnight.
- Place horchata ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Strain and transfer horchata to a pitcher.
- Place the matcha in a small bowl and cover with the hot water.
- Whisk until smooth, then let it cool.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour in the horchata until 3/4 of the glass is full.
- Top off with matcha.
Photo and recipe credit: Sandra Aguirre.