These matcha bombs combine powdered green tea and white chocolate for a festive take on a green tea-based hot chocolate that’s perfect for chilly weather.
Matcha Bomb Recipe
For the bomb:
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- 1/4 tsp Culinary Grade Matcha
For the filling:
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp coconut milk powder
- 1 scoop matcha powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Heart sprinkles
- For the filling, mix together the first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave for 15 seconds or until melted. Add matcha power to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the chocolate mixture all over the cavity of two silicone molds. Place the molds in the freezer for 5 minutes or until the shells are fully set. Repeat this step until you get a thick shell.
- Once the chocolate is set, carefully remove chocolate shells from the molds.
- Heat a plate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Press one of the empty chocolate shells on the heated plate to remove the rough edges.
- Fill the shell with filling mixture along with the marshmallows and heart sprinkles.
- Melt the edges on the other chocolate shell and immediately stick the two halves together. Press slightly until sealed.
- Put a dot of melted chocolate on top of the chocolate bomb and attach a heart sprinkle.
- To serve, place the matcha bomb into a mug, slowly pour the hot milk over the bomb until melted. Enjoy!