This bright, citrusy, and effervescent drink gets its stunning blue and purple shades from the presence of Butterfly Blue Pea Flower. The perfect drink to cool off with on a warm summer afternoon!
Sparkling Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade Recipe
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup sparkling water, chilled
- 4 oz Butterfly Pea Flower herbal tea, brewed and cooled (steep 1 tsp of tea in 4 oz of water).
- 2 oz lemon simple syrup
For the lemon simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
To prepare the lemon simple syrup:
- In a medium saucepan pan, add water and sugar.
- Bring to boil at medium heat, and stir constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Cool completely, then stir in lemon juice.
To assemble the drink:
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes and add the sparkling water.
- Pour in the butterfly pea flower tea, then add more ice until it reaches the top of the glass.
- Slowly incorporate the lemon syrup over the ice to create a layered effect.
- Finish by garnishing with a lemon slice.
Photo and recipe credit: Sandra Aguirre.