Not only is a hot toddy a medicinal concoction, but it’s also a tasty way to relax and unwind on a chilly evening. This hot toddy recipe incorporates Earl Grey black tea and apple cider for a slightly citrusy, fruit-forward take on a traditional toddy. Spike it with a splash of spirits for the classic drink, or enjoy it on its own.
Earl Grey Cider Hot Toddy Recipe
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Earl Grey loose leaf tea
- 2 oz. optional spirits (bourbon, brandy, or dark rum are all good choices)
- In a small saucepan combine apple cider and orange juice and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add Earl Grey tea and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea.
- Add 2 oz. spirits of your choice (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
Photo and recipe credit: Sandra Aguirre.